What is the Power Struggle?
- Do you argue about every little thing? If you say “black” does your partner say “white” ?
- Does your partner frequently find fault with anything you say or do?
- Do discussions seem more like debate or like trying to convince or persuade your partner to see things from your perspective?
- Do you feel: “I can’t do or say anything right?”
- Do you feel more like adversaries than loving spouses?
This is the stage of marriage called the “power struggle.” It happens in most marriages. You can work with Dr. Barnett to learn how to get through it in the shortest possible time and regain your closeness.